1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

speaker mounting dilemma - pls help!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by john_hk, Jun 17, 2005.

1. john_hk

john_hk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I have just moved into a new place and am getting the speaker wires put into the walls. The question is where will they come out. I am planning a 5.1 set-up. The living room is 25 feet long and 10 feet wide and the sofa will be in one of the corners with the back against the long wall and the tv is opposite (so is 10 feet from the sofa).
    I have been reading the forums and, I may have missed it, but could not find a room set-up like this. Sorry if there were :oops:

This forum says it is best to mount the rear channels to the sides of the listener but also need to be 60 to 90 cm above.
    I don't have a speaker set yet but I was thinking of:
    m31i pair for the front
    m3c2i for the centre
    m5ds pair for the rears
    ms8 for sub.

Since I don't have a wall on one side I want to mount the m5ds on the wall behind the sofa (that the sofa is against) but higher up (about 1 ft from the top).

Is this a good position?

Should I instead go for a pair of m30i s on the back wall angled to the listener instead? I have read that this is your own preference but based on the set-up is this better?

Thanks alot.
    John