1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker Matching

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by spine, Oct 26, 2005.

1. spine

spine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I presently have the Monitor Audio R90AV speaker setup - 4 x R90 satellites and R180 center.

I'm now considering adding the Silver RS1 speakers to the system and using them as my front speakers.

My question is - would these speakers by a good match for the rest of the system or would the center speaker stand out?

2. bad ass

bad ass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    now at work we have the RS series the radius series that you have and the gold reference. and the bronze.

now musically, the RS1's ( i use as my rears) are fantastic and you will notice a big big change and also amazing for movies too. I've demo'd some for customers as they've sold the product straight away and I'm proper impressed with them too. The Radius range isn't very good in my opinion for music but good for movies. as for the centre speaker, the best thing for you to do is go to a demo room in a shop and try it. the problem with speakers is that they'r a very individual thing, and what I may like, may be something completely different to what you may like and visa versa.

3. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    I can vouch for the RS1's being very nice too, got to hear them finally, i own the previous ranges S6's as fronts and they are staggeringly good for the money in my opinion, enough power to make movies like a cinema, but complete control in the higher areas when listening to music that demands such things (ie classical, jazz, or general acoustic).....apparently the RS6's are even better, but i have yet to hear them...lol

i'd certainly recommend you start to upgrade.......swap out the front Radius's for RS1's and either at the same time or soon after the RS centre......then if you can save up some more money get the RS6's and use those as fronts, put the RS1's at the back......then with a bit more money, get a pair of RSFX bi/dipolar surrounds to use as side surrounds and shift the RS1's to the back centre and finally if your amp supports A/B speaker switching on the side surround channel, get another pair of RSFX to take over the back, and move the RS1's to the B output of side surround and place them in diagonal corners for listening to DVD-A/SACD multichannel music discs :)

oh and get a good sub :)
    (REL Strata 5 that i have works nicely with MA)

4. Mentally

Mentally

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The RS1 are great speakers but you'll probably have a problem with the center speakers because it's from a different series than the 2 fronts. In order to get an optimal sound you need to purchase a matching center speaker from the same series.