Speaker-matching advice requested - Arcam & Tannoy etc

lastrebel

Standard Member
My current sytem is Arcam AV350 amp, Arcam DV135, Monitor Audio Silver centre and rears and RS5's.
I'm going to move the RS5's to another room and although the logical choice would be to get RS6's I'm really tempted by the Tannoy Revolution DC4 Sig Floorstanders.
My question is how will these work with my exsisting Monitor audio stuff.
In particular will the Monitor Audio Centre be ok Paired with the DC4's.
Also has anyone gone from RS5's to RS6's and was there any differece.
I listem to music more than watch movies about 60/40 in favour of music.
The reason I'm doing this is because the sound of my sytem although good is not quite what I expected.
My old Mission speakers with Arcam CD72 and cambridge audio amp give a nicer sound all round on music.
:lesson: I am going to demo the RS6's and DC4's next weekend but I was going to take a couple of CDs I cant really turn up with my centre speaker

gbaby

My current sytem is Arcam AV350 amp, Arcam DV135, Monitor Audio Silver centre and rears and RS5's.
I'm going to move the RS5's to another room and although the logical choice would be to get RS6's I'm really tempted by the Tannoy Revolution DC4 Sig Floorstanders.
My question is how will these work with my exsisting Monitor audio stuff.
In particular will the Monitor Audio Centre be ok Paired with the DC4's.
Also has anyone gone from RS5's to RS6's and was there any differece.
I listem to music more than watch movies about 60/40 in favour of music.
The reason I'm doing this is because the sound of my sytem although good is not quite what I expected.
My old Mission speakers with Arcam CD72 and cambridge audio amp give a nicer sound all round on music.
:lesson: I am going to demo the RS6's and DC4's next weekend but I was going to take a couple of CDs I cant really turn up with my centre speaker
Buying speakers is complex especially for a receiver. First, you need to audition speakers you like. Second, you need to make a determination on whether your receiver is powerful enough to play the speakers back at their maximum potential. That will depend on how sensitive the speakers are and their ohm loan. If the ohm load of the speakers approach 4 ohms, you may need a separate 2 channel amp to drive them. For my power sources, I prefer neutral sounding speakers that can play at least 90 dbs with a 1 watt input.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom