Speaker location, how much difference will it make?

phil5556

Standard Member
Reaction score
I planning on moving a few bits around in my lounge and trying my speakers out in different locations but before I go to the hassle how much difference am I actually likely to notice? At the moment they're in the corners of the room facing toward the sofa (which is nearer the right speaker than left). I'm wondering if I should put them directly in front of the sofa (which will involve moving all my cupboards around).

I made a little drawing to show where stuff is at the moment. Orange stuff can't be moved. Yellow stuff can be. Blue is the speakers.

...and yes, my fridge is in my lounge and there's no TV :)

Thanks
Phil

Lounge.jpg

Hi Phil,

I would think that with such a large distance between your speakers, it might sound better a little closer. Also, having them in the corners is not ideal.

Is it possible to put them essentially on top of the top left cupboard and the table? Then when you sit to the left of the sofa, they are equally spaced.

At least give it a whirl to see if it has an impact if practicable.

Graham

They're floorstanders so that's why they are where they are at the moment, but I will move stuff around and try. I did wonder if because my room is quite narrow I'd be too close if they were directly infront of the sofa.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom