Speaker Jumpers

W

WBC

Guys,

To test out the jumper theory, can I just use my excess speaker cable and run it out of one binding post into the other.

What I mean by this is, avoiding bananas (for the mo) and just coming out of the bind that the cable is screwed into???

Doubt if this makes sense but I know what I mean :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks
Stace :D

Please don't tkae the Pi55 out of the drawing, I couldn't be ar5ed to provide a 3d model!!!! :blush:

yep......its the same as bi-wiring!! :D

I did exactyly that with my kef Q15. I removed the metal plate joining the binding post and used a small length of QED cable I was already using. I did notice a better difference.
Its an easy cheap upgrade.

The cable I'm using is too thick to double up on the binding post, so I will go out and get some banana plugs (didn't want to do that immediately as I'm considering changing my speaker cable, currently ixos 6003)

Out of interest if you wire singularly with the supplied bridges, should your speaker cable go into HF or LF????

Thanks
Stace :D

The people at monitor audio reckon you should put one to high and the other to low, couldn't give a description that made sense, way above my head!!!

putting them in the high makes piddle all difference except irritating the hell out of you as you try and connect down to the lower ones.

Replacing those metal links is a good idea, certainly in my case, i wasnt happy with the connections they made. As far as sound goes, i am not that sure, it didnt sound any worse, but improvement (if any) was pretty small. But a few tweaks of this nature probably sum to be noticeable

ad

Originally posted by Stace
The cable I'm using is too thick to double up on the binding post, so I will go out and get some banana plugs (didn't want to do that immediately as I'm considering changing my speaker cable, currently ixos 6003)

Out of interest if you wire singularly with the supplied bridges, should your speaker cable go into HF or LF????

My speaker cable has 16 strands, I use only 3 for each jumper, actually a friend did test all combinations, and with this cable found that 3 strands sounds better, I just followed his advice, didn´t bother testing an more... :rolleyes:

Connect the cables to HF, then the jumper HF to LF... :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom