1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker interference on tv.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by ScorchedSoul, Mar 12, 2003.

1. ScorchedSoul

ScorchedSoul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am going to revieve a dolby pro logic tv today, and was planning on placing the centre and rear speakers just under the tv, as i have a small room, and don't want the speakers around the room.
    Will this cause any interference in the form of degredation of picture or sound quality?
    If it does, how can i set them up?

2. meep

meep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Hi

your centre speaker is probably already magnetically sheilded (check with the shop) and so should not present problems as it's designed to be placed either under or on top of the TV.

The surround speakers are probably not shielded and would probably cause a lot of interference. In any case, it's probably not a good idea to place surround speakers in that position as you will not be using them as intended and you will not benefit from them in any way (at the very least, you will perceive NO spatial detailing, at worst, you will be confused!).

If you're worried about clutter, simply don't connect the surrounds at all. I ran a Sony Pro-Logic TV fro a couple of years without surrounds and sound was great from built in speakers. (Pro-Logic doesn't really enhance viewing that much anyway, sorry to say).

Good luck with the new set.

Peter