Speaker help.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Peppered, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Peppered

Peppered

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am hoping to get myself a reasonable setup arranged but I am a speaker novice. At the moment I have a Mission FS2 AV which I like and have layed my hands on a cheap pair of Mission Volare 62's as the fronts. My question is,Which centre would go with these (budget upto £200)and should I double up the rears(having 7 speakers) or go for the full 7.1 setup. They will be driven by a Yamaha RXV657 all sitting under a PV500(thats why my budget will be tight :) )

Many thanks in advance.

PeP

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,647
    Your best of sticking with mission trying either the v6c or the m5c, as they would probably be the closest match but after looking they see to be pretty much no where new. If you want to buy new then the m3c2 is your best bet.

Otherwise the 77c or 75c would both be decent, probably about the same price range just a bit older and styled differently.

Its best to stay with mission if you can, and you should be able to find one of the easy for your £200 budget.

Also look for the ds series for rears, as they are very good, for less than your £200 budget you'll probably be able to get a centre and a pair of ds (77ds, m7ds, m3ds) and have a pretty decent home cinema setup.