Speaker help!

ThomasF24

Hello everyone!

After a long time deciding upon a brand new wonderful TV (which I was about to go crazy trying to decide), I've landed in the same pot again it seems, choosing sound for it!

We sit 3 m from the TV. As we're from Scandinavia, prices doesn't always match with UK / Europe prices, so these are my current options - and feel free to add if someone has better ideas!

Main use is watching movies. I can't choose between floor standing or lifted bookshelf ones, but they have to stand on the floor nonetheless.

Dali Spektor 6 (only one's I can actually hear in a store, sounds good)
Monitor Bronze 5
Klipsch R-620F or R-26F

Or bookshelf Dali Oberon or Klipsch RM

All are inside the same price group here.

Any input on what route to go?
We'll start with two speakers, get a sub, but probably that's it for now and then a center later maybe.

Last edited:

MaryWhitehouse

Hi. What’s powering the speakers?

MaryWhitehouse

Can you get any of those speakers so you can return them if they don’t work in your room? Same for amps.

ThomasF24

Can you get any of those speakers so you can return them if they don’t work in your room? Same for amps.
As far as I know only the Dali, the rest are from webshops, and that's usually very difficult if the product has been used :/

Edit: the place I can get the MAs from says one has to return them yourself (3 hours drive) in case one doesn't like them 😅

Last edited:

MaryWhitehouse

Lol then I'd start with the Dali's.

MaryWhitehouse

I don't know about the Klipsch but both of the other's should be good.

Rehan Essani

Novice Member
Hello everyone!

After a long time deciding upon a brand new wonderful TV (which I was about to go crazy trying to decide), I've landed in the same pot again it seems, choosing sound for it!

We sit 3 m from the TV. As we're from Scandinavia, prices doesn't always match with UK / Europe prices, so these are my current options - and feel free to add if someone has better ideas!

Main use is watching movies. I can't choose between floor standing or lifted bookshelf ones, but they have to stand on the floor nonetheless.

Dali Spektor 6 (only one's I can actually hear in a store, sounds good)
Monitor Bronze 5
Klipsch R-620F or R-26F

Or bookshelf Dali Oberon or Klipsch RM

All are inside the same price group here.

Any input on what route to go?
We'll start with two speakers, get a sub, but probably that's it for now and then a center later maybe.
Hey! i suggest you to go for Yamaha RX-V485 thsi is best for a room based system or for just small enjoyment