• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Speaker help

nypatel

Standard Member
Hi

I've connected my tv to my amp and to the amp (Marantz PM6002) I connected a pair of speakers . I tried to play CDs through my xbox, which is connected via HDMI cable to the TV. However, the sound seems to be coming from the TV rather than the speakers. Does anyone know why? Would it better if I connected the TV to the Xbox by YPBPR?

Thanks

Nishal

P.S: Here is the TV i have. http://www.ciao.co.uk/Technika_LCD_19_907__6814980. I was also told by the person I bought the speakers off (Monitor Audio BR2) that 1 jack should go in hi freq and ther other in low. So I've set up the speakers like that where +ve is in high and -ve in low. If that makes sense.

Last edited:

deem

You need to connect your Xbox to you amp.

What sort of amp do you have? Is it an AV amp, or a regular stereo amp?

deem

Plug the 360 into the TV via HDMI, and get a optical lead to connect it to your amp.

If your amp doesn't have optical, then connect to your TV via component (red/green/blue), and plug the audio (white/red) into your amp.

nypatel

Standard Member
Ha! It turns out there is something to connect your xbox to an amp. I just put it away somewhere and forgot about it because i didn't have an amp at the time. Found it now and everything works ace.

Thanks for the advice!

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
Find out if your TV has analog audio outs. This may be in the form of a pair of Red and White RCA connectors, or you may have to pull it off the SCART connector with a £5 adapter, in desperation, you can even pull audio off the TV headphone output if it has one.

Then feed that analog audio output into your stereo amp.

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom