• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Speaker help plssss

jordan2110

Standard Member
Hi guys just quick question..... The tweeter in my left tower speaker in my home theater system will only turn on when i crank the volume really high once its on i can turn volume back down and it will stay on, but once i turn my receiver off then back on i have to do it all over again... What could it be? Plsssss help

Duke

I'm no pro but it appears as if you have a knackered tweeter there. It sounds as if it's moving components - whatever they may be - is/are getting stuck in an at rest position when no current is present, and that it takes a healthy amount to get it moving again. Once it has been freed, then even a small amount of current being present keeps it off or out of this position in which it seems to get stuck. Could be there's been an ingress of dust/dirt, or the tiniest amount of corrosion that is causing friction between the moving components that is causing the sticking...

But it's still knackered IMHO - sorry:(

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom