Speaker help.mission or b&w

mitesh

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi. Want to upgrade my tannoy fx5.1 for my yamaha 767. Was looking at mission mx home cinema set up or b&w mt50. Living room is approx 8m x6mtr. Space is there but mrs would prefer discrete setup. Mostly for tv,bluray and ps3. Occasionally iPod. Please help.

The B&W Mt50 is a nice little set and will be a noticeable upgrade from your current speakers which will be really holding your amp back in terms of performance. Shame you can not get more conventional sized speakers (like standmounts) since you will get better sound quality for the same money. What I would do with the B&W speakers is to not get the B&W sub with the set as it is very expensive and does not perform that well. Hence get 5 of the M1 speakers and then get a BK Electronics sub (XLS or Monolith) as they are cheaper and perform better.

Thank you. Have ruled out the B&W's. Was looking at the monitor audio bx range. Any good?

Why did you rule out the M1s?
The BX range is good for the money but they are a bigger speaker so not sure how that will sit with your Mrs? If looking at the BX range then I would also look at the Focal 700 series and depending on budget maybe even the MA RX range or Kef Q series too. As above I would still look to get a BK sub instead of one of the matching ones from any of the manufacturers mentioned.
The best advice would be to now go listen to as many different makes/models as you can in your price range and let your own ears decide.

Why did you rule out the M1s?
The BX range is good for the money but they are a bigger speaker so not sure how that will sit with your Mrs? If looking at the BX range then I would also look at the Focal 700 series and depending on budget maybe even the MA RX range or Kef Q series too. As above I would still look to get a BK sub instead of one of the matching ones from any of the manufacturers mentioned.
The best advice would be to now go listen to as many different makes/models as you can in your price range and let your own ears decide.

The size more than anything...wasnt sure if they would sound better than tannoys. Being based in Malawi difficult to audition speakers, so looking to buy in south africa. Checked bk subs not available in RSA. Would the vocals be a good match for my yamaha 767.

Either set of speakers will be fine although I would probably lean towards the Monitor Audio BX. BK subs are only available in the UK so would not be an option for you. So you may have to just get the MA one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom