• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Speaker for Dolby Atmos with Vaulted Ceiling

myatix

Standard Member
Hi All,

I was wondering if someone might be able to help me with a new home theatre setup in a new lounge extension I am currently building onto my house. I want to setup a 5.1.4 or 7.1.4 surround setup, right now it looks more like it will be a 5.1.4 setup as I cannot find a good good position for my right surround speaker. (it would end up standing in the middle of the room which would never get approved by the boss ;) )

I have been doing a lot of research an can see that sound in a room with a vaulted ceiling can be challenging so I would really appreciate some help from any professional out there.

The room is a 40m2 room with 4 meter to the apex of the ceiling.
speakers.jpg

I have been looking for some good Dolby atmos ceiling speakers and wondered what if anyone had experience with either the Dali Phantom E80 vs the B&W CCM684 or 683's?

Would these speakers make good atmos ceiling speakers or should I choose something else, preferably in the same price class or cheaper.

As you can see in the above drawing the placement of the right surround speaker is not great. Does anyone have any good ideas on how to deal with this? Could you mount this speaker in the ceiling perhaps?

Thanks for any advice! :)

All the best

Alan

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom