Speaker faceplates!!

Les E

Does anyone know if I can get 'Chrome' faceplates for either Speaker Banana plug Outputs or Binding Post connections for Speakers?

I need a 4 & 2-gang version but I can only find these in white plastic!

nheather

Distinguished Member
The ones in avland look okay but expensive. Personally, I would go the DIY route.

I'd get 'metal' blanking plates

e.g. Brushed Stainless 1G = £2.85, 2G = £4.25 from screwfix

and sockets or posts from somewhere like Maplin or CPC

Gold 4mm post (such as AV10575 from CPC at 61p each)

Couple of drill holes and you should be able to make wall sockets pretty cheaply.

Cheers,

Nigel

Pretty Polly

Novice Member
If you have ever tried to drill stainless steel (even with HSS drill bits) you will know that this DIY route is not an option - it's just too hard to drill with normal domestic tools, you will need a new HSS drill bit for each new hole, such is the hardness of the material. :thumbsdow
A cheaper option might be to buy the plastic ones, dismantle the sockets and spray the plastic faceplate with silver hammerite paint - it looks pretty good :smashin:

chalkstorm

Hi Les
I bought some plates from www.tlc-direct.co.uk - and my local dealer is going to drill holes and make proper speaker plates for me. He is then going to come and do the soldering work - as I am sure to bodge it!
Si

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom