1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker Distance Correction on Marantz recievers.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by SilverPenguin7, May 26, 2004.

Tags:
  1. SilverPenguin7

SilverPenguin7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Ok, I own a Marantz SR5200 and while this may sound like a stupid question, can someone tell me if Speaker Distance Correction is effectively a time delay function (thinking about lip sync with plasmas here)?

The reason I have to ask here and not just play with the amp myself is I can't find the remote right now and I havent programmed all the menu buttons in to my pronto!! PLUS, I can't find the stupid instruction book either :suicide:

I know they are both somewhere but I was hoping for a quick answer that doesnt involve tearing the house apart to find them....

Basically I just want to know if this feature would be of any use to delay the sound to match a plasma picture...?

:)

2. SilverPenguin7

SilverPenguin7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
  3. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    I think if you alter the distance for the centre channel only it will do what your after. When you find the remote. Press menu and then the down cursor once, this should take you to the distance settings if it's the same as the SR4200.

Cheers, Mylo :thumbsup:

4. jeff-o

jeff-o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Chances are, the distance setting DOES affect the delay, but I cannot say for sure. Try setting the left channel to be very close and the right very far, and listen to see if the sound comes from the right before the left.

5. SilverPenguin7

SilverPenguin7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Thank you both!!

Mylo, your a star, I shall have to find that damn remote!! lol