speaker difficulties

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by krisstewart67, Jan 4, 2007.

1. krisstewart67

krisstewart67
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Guys just new to this business and having some difficulties. I bought a Bose AM10 system around 1 year ago and still haven't managed to get setup yet as i moved house etc. I am now wanting to get everything up and running but don't want lots of wires cluttering my room.
    I have realised that my Bose system requires wires going to acoustimass module and then to speakers and a/v receiver, thus having a mass of cabling!:thumbsdow
    My question is can i run the Bose speakers straight from amp and use a seperate sub or even the one supplied? If not any suggestions on tidying the speaker cables up?
    My other option is to sell the Bose system and buy a simlar small speaker package, which does run from my a/v reciever. Oh and the receiver i have is pioneer vsx 2016av. Not used it yet and eagerly awaiting getting it setup!:D

Any advice would be great. I have been reading all the forumson speakers and my mind is melting....

What is a decent speaker package around the 6/8 " size. I was lookng at AE Aego T, Mordaunt Short range, KEF 2005.2 and Energy Take 5.2. Any other suggestions or information on my selections?

Regards Kris:lease:

2. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,365
    I have listened to the AE Aego and they do sound very good, heard them at the last Bristol Hi-Fi show, What Hi-Fi and a load of others where impressed enough to give them TOP marks, I own a EVO 1 5.1 system.
    Always loved the Mordaunt Short sound, had two sets over many years.
    The Kef, although good, most definately are Movie speakers, not Music speakers but the centre does let the side down. Energy 5.2, must admit not ever listened to them.
    If I had the Money my choice would be AE followed by Mordaunt Short.

3. krisstewart67

krisstewart67
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    What are the sizes of these speakers? I have been told the Genies are quite large and the AE are also large? Was speaking to a guy today who is selling the Anthony Gallo speaker package for £650 (mistake maybe!). Any good?
    I'm buying the speakers for movies so the KEF eggs would be an okay choice?

Thanks

4. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,365
  5. c-ellerby

c-ellerby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kris,

Where did you see the Anthony Gallo's at £650 ?

Thanks

jed

6. krisstewart67

krisstewart67
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi mate not sure if it's true because the guy in the shop didn't seem to have a clue about much.
    The shop was in Ayr in Scotland. Look on yell.com for the name of it as i can't remember.
    He said he was doing the Anthony Gallo Micro AV system for £650.

Kris

7. HFC

HFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    just a note on your bose speakers, you should not run the bose speakers straight from the amp, as the "sub" is actually a "base module", which is esentially part of the speaker and effects the impedance. All the speakers you have pointed out are good, just all a bit different in looks and sound