1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker Connections, whats best, plugs or cable ? Plus another question about Spkrs.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Taz69, Nov 2, 2002.

1. Taz69

Taz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Hi, after just changing my lounge around and moving the TV and Cinema Kit, I had hassle putting the speaker cables back into the back of my Marantz SR4200, I am now considering whether to buy banana plugs or not. Any advice welcome. Also if anyone has any first hand experience with the Tannoy speakers could they please say if it is worthwhile moving to Bi-wire when in use with Home Cinema, I feel I lack Bass from the Front.

Kit is as follows

Marantz SR4200
    Tannoy 633 Profile Biwireable Cable Talk 3
    Mordant Short MS905C Biwireable Gale Flat Cable
    Mordant Short MS920s Bipolar Rears Gale Flat cable
    Panasonic DVD A350 MR
    Pioneer DV340 MR
    Panasonic 36DP3

Thanks

Taz69

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Bananas are without doubts the most convenient, but they do tend to sound marginally worse than a nice clean bare wire connection. Personally, all of my binding posts are big and well separated, so i use bare wire, but i know i would be tempted to bananas if i was doing alot of fiddling.

as regards the biwiring, see one of the many other threads! Try it and see.......but dont spend money until you decide for yourself if it is worthwhile.

ad

3. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I have various models of Revolutions, and after bi-wireing i was unable to detect any difference. :eek: .However my hearing has had many years of abuse so try it for yourself. :)