speaker connection to av receiver

Graham.hassall

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a Rotel 1055 AV receiver and I want to know if I should have identical speaker cable lengths for the front speaker pair, rear speaker pair and centre speaker. (I was hoping to run lengths of 3m, 6m and 1m respectively.)

Thanks for any advice

Graham

Ideally in an ideal world and from a purist point of view, the length of the cable should be the same for the fronts.

In the real world, the difference in length (you are talking about) will not make an audible difference. I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks for the advice. If I understand you correctly, I won't be able to hear any difference if the fronts are on 3m cables (equalish lengths), backs on 6m cables (equalish lengths) and centre on 1m cable.

Thanks

An electric signal in a wire travels at around 0.8 the speed of light, that is around 150,000 miles per second.

Sound in air travels much slower, at around 340 metres per second.

So in either case, at the lenghts you are talking about there will be absolutely no discernable dfference at all. None. Zip. Zilch. B-all!

Except to the profit margin of your hifi shop who will now not be able to flog you extra cable that is!

I think, in cable lengths of over 500 feet, the highest frequency that a baby can hear may be delayed by a few nanoseconds.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom