1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker Connection Queries (NEWBIE HERE)

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by 3sgte_power, Jun 23, 2005.

1. 3sgte_power

3sgte_power

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Hi,

sorry guys i am a bit of a newbie at this stuff and i am after a bit of help, so i don't end up getting ripped off...

I am about to purchase some loudspeaker cable (Merlin C6) for my Linn Classik / AVI Neutron setup.

Can anyone tell me what kind of speaker plug connection thingy the Linn Classik uses? I've never seen anything like this!

Also what kind of connection do i need at the speaker end (AVI Neutrons)? Some kind of banana plug or what?

Thankyou

PS: Are the Merlin C6 a good speaker cable?

2. rowlandhills

rowlandhills

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I can't tell you anything about the AVI Neutrons, but the Classik uses a connection known as a BFA connector (http://www.british-audio.org.uk/connectors.htm). You can often buy these on eBay, or from somewhere like hifistore (http://www.hifistore.co.uk/product.php?qsProd=CC124).

I've wound up getting 5 pairs with my Classik Movie Di and 5 with my AV5125, which means that I have all the connectors I need for biwiring, but I'm afraid I don't have any spare.

In terms of the speaker cable, I'd take a look at Van Damme (see various threads on here, do a search and you'll get a load of results). I'm using Van Damme 4x2.5mm black series to connect my AV5125 to my Linn Keilidhs, and it sounds very nice to me.

Good luck.

Rowland

3. 3sgte_power

3sgte_power

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Thanks mate...i brought the BFA connectors / banana plugs off ebay a couple of days ago, and have just fisnished connecting them up to some merlin c6 speaker cable. Sounds really nice. Definately a step up of from the Linn K100 speaker wire i had before! Seems more lively to me!

Thankyou