Speaker connection problem - Help needed.

A.I.

Help,

I have been advised earlier in another thread to keep my Cyrus CD and Cyrus Amp set up because my Onkyo 805 is not that musical for stereo listening. I agree with that opinion and that decision has been made :smashin:. ..........so here is my question.

I'm want to use my Monitor Audio GS10's for the fronts of my AV set up, powered by the 805 amp, and continue to use them also for daily stereo use powered by the Cyrus amp.

Can I link up my GS10's to both the Cyrus amp and the new 805 amp at the same time safely? Presently the GS10's are bi-wired to the Cyrus amp. If I replace the connectors at the rear of the speakers and remove the biwire I should be able to achive the connections I'm after but will I be putting both Amps at risk?

Or am I just being daft?:confused:

danoliver1

You need to connect the l/r pre outs from the 805 to one of the inputs on your cyrus using phono cables, then when you watch a film the cyrus will power the left and right speakers and the 805 will power the center and rears.

A.I.

Yup,

Not enough beer drunk yet.............must try harder:suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom