Speaker connection, is it coaxial?

cherrcherryball

Established Member
Reaction score
I mean the connector on the end of the speaker itself attached to the wire, NOT the wire from the amp to to the device.

My centre speaker is the weak link in my setup, I have some good speakers but they have bare wire and no connector so need to connect the wire onto a connector but I dont know how to get one as the only ones I currently have are moulded.

This is only a temp solution till I get my proper amp, using a pc speaker setup where the surround sound is good(notwhere near as good as a real digital setup though) but the centre is so weak and tinny that any music or action covers the sound and even changing the bass and treble in pc setup or on the actual pc speakers themselves still has the same problem, its ok with stereo things but any 5.1 mix is all over the place.

Most speakers will usually have a socket for bare wire, banana plug or spade connectors. However, a computer speaker will often have an RCA phono socket or a mini-jack socket (3.5mm). And then, occasionally, one finds a bespoke connection when everything is sold as an integrated system.

Models numbers and a link to the User Manual or Tech spec of the 'system' + the 'good' speaker are required before anyone can help you out.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom