speaker connection for denon 3802?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by keyser, Mar 23, 2002.

Tags:
  1. keyser

keyser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is there a superiour way to connect speaker wires to my denon 3802 amp, than the usual copper wire twisted thread end that I use. Can I use some sort of "banana plug" or something, because it seems that some of the wire ends are awfully close to each other and might leak sound across, and also copper does "rust" in a way and I would think that it wouldn´t work properly then. I live in Iceland and there isn´t really a lot available here, there is a store that has some monster cable stuff though, and I bought a banana plug that I put on the speaker wire end, but it doesn´t fit into the amp(the end is too wide), and not even in the speakers (the plug fits butthe end of the wire cant angle enough. ???

2. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's nothing wrong with 'bare wire' connections. Banana plugs etc... are just another connection in the chain that you don't need. The only real reason for them is convenience. (for instance reviewing amps/speakers & constantly having to unplug/plug the connections). If you still feel the need for them, why not check out the many Internet dealers?

3. nfordenfield

nfordenfield
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can remove the black bungs on the speaker terminals to allow for banana plugs.

Agree that this does introduce another connection, but there is a danger with thicker cable when using bare ends, especially silver as this is tougher and if wiggled can loosen itself.

Banana plugs still appear to be a standard termination. The only reason that they are hidden on European models, is that the Euro plug fits them and vis versa. So this eliminates the chance of our cousins over the channel sticking their speakers straight into the mains........... What next Brussels?

Eitherway it's down to the individual.

Nathan