1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker configuration

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Kirky-UK, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Kirky-UK

Kirky-UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear forum,

I currently have the following speaker configuration:

front left/right & centre: M&K S-125
    rear surrounds: M&K SS-150 THX tripole
    sub: M&K MX-200

I would like to upgrade to a 7.1 set-up and was choosing between adding either a pair of column surrounds - M&K CS-22 or an additional pair of SS-150's. For sizing and installation, the SS-150's are more compact and versatile, however the column surrounds have the extra bass driver on-board and include the top firing component (at around the same cost!).

Once I have decided which option to go with, how do I find out further information regarding a qualified person to calibrate the whole system after the cables have been installed?.

Many thanks..,

Dear forum, Dear forum, Dear forum,

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    The column surrounds are quite new so there isn't a great deal of opinion around but one or two here have bought them and like them and will no doubt be along later to tell you.

Calibration is easy if you have an SPL meter (only £25) but if in doubt why not ask the dealer that you buy them from to do it.

3. JAMBO

JAMBO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you know anyone who would lend you a recent Pioneer amp for about 10 mins, you could use the inbuilt MCACC system, which most Pioneers now have. It individually calibrates every speaker and the sub, then provides the data on a screen. You just need to take a note of all the readings, return the amp, and input the readings to your new amp. Sounds simple enough, and don't see any reason why it shouldn't work.

4. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,329
    Because when he switches to his own amp the settings will be different?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: