1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker compatibility

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by snuffy, Jul 9, 2002.

1. snuffy

snuffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I am a Home cinema virgin and seeking advice......

I have a Kenwood V5050 and two Gale Monitors at the front. Looking for a centre speaker that will be compatible.

Should I go with the Gale Centre 20 to keep it consistent or can I go for something a little more adventurous without creating too many waves. Budget is around £100.

Please be gentle with me.

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Virgins of ny kind are always well recieved :) .I assume you bought your kit from Richer sounds? Ask if they will let you take a couple of centre speakers for a home evaluation.As well as the Gale c10 @£20 try Eltax HT2 (price varies from £30 upwards)Mission 70c1 or Mision 77c1@£100.

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    As a virgin (sorry John Stevens if you are reading this) you will be looking for tonal consistancy from your front three speakers.

As well as listening to the centre speaker to make sure that you are happy with the way it reproduces speech try and find bits of film where sounds (mainly speech) pan from the centre to the left or right to make sure that the sound doesn't change too much.

What may only be a small difference on demo could grow to annoy you after a few weeks.

4. snuffy

snuffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks guys sound advice indeed!