• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Speaker compatability

gbaby

Established Member
Hi

Are the Q Accoustics 1010i 5.1 Speaker system compatible with the AVR300?

Regards

John R

What are the minimum ohm load of your speakers and how sensitive they? When I say sensitive, I mean how many decibles will the speaker play with a 1 watt input?

johnr2110

Prominent Member
What are the minimum ohm load of your speakers and how sensitive they? When I say sensitive, I mean how many decibles will the speaker play with a 1 watt input?

Hi gbaby

Rather then give you the incorrect details,please go to-

whathifi.com/Review/Q-Accoustics1010i-51/Specs

Regards

John R

Last edited:

gbaby

Established Member
Hi gbaby

Rather then give you the incorrect details,please go to-

whathifi.com/Review/Q-Accoustics1010i-51/Specs

Regards

John R

I could not access that site, but I was able to look up the 1010i. They are book shelf speakers that play 83 decibles with a 1 watt input and go down to 6 ohms. The frequency response is from 68Hz to 20Hz +/- 3db. Most small speakers are not as efficient as larger speakers, but although the 1010 are not that efficient, the AVR 300 will play them loud enough so long as the room is not so large. However, if I were in the market for speakers, I'd make sure my left and right speakers were full range so I could play 2 channel music without the use of a sub. It really makes a difference. Unless you plan on buying a separate 2 or 3 channel amp, I'd try to get a neutral sounding speaker that approaches 90 decibles or better with a 1 watt input.

Last edited:

johnr2110

Prominent Member
I could not access that site, but I was able to look up the 1010i. They are book shelf speakers that play 83 decibles with a 1 watt input and go down to 6 ohms. The frequency response is from 68Hz to 20Hz +/- 3db. Most small speakers are not as efficient as larger speakers, but although the 1010 are not that efficient, the AVR 300 will play them loud enough so long as the room is not so large. However, if I were in the market for speakers, I'd make sure my left and right speakers were full range so I could play 2 channel music without the use of a sub. It really makes a difference. Unless you plan on buying a separate 2 or 3 channel amp, I'd try to get a neutral sounding speaker that approaches 90 decibles or better with a 1 watt input.

Hello again

All that techy stuff goes strait over my head as I'm not an audiophile, but I do get the jist of what your saying.

So are there any manufacturers out there who make a 5.1 speaker system with full range speakers that won't break the bank bearing in mind that the systems function is movies not music in my case.

Regards

John R

gbaby

Established Member
Hello again

All that techy stuff goes strait over my head as I'm not an audiophile, but I do get the jist of what your saying.

So are there any manufacturers out there who make a 5.1 speaker system with full range speakers that won't break the bank bearing in mind that the systems function is movies not music in my case.

Regards

John R

I made a serious mistake. The 1010i will play 86 dbs with a 1 watt input. Basically, what I am saying is that you want to be able to play your speakers loud enough where the amp does not "clip" and send out a distorted signal which will affect the sound. It takes power to prevent clipping, and an amplifier in a receiver driving 5 or 7 channels has very limited power; so does the amp on in the AVR300. From what I know about the AVR300, a better match for it will be a high efficiency speaker because the amplifier section is trying to drive 7 channel with one power supply. In any event, go to any credible audio shop and listen to "high efficiency speakers" that have a sonic trait of being neutral. This is where you will get the best out of the sweet sonic charateristic of the AVR300. Take your favorite CD and listen and compare. Don't just buy a speaker. Take your time and do it right. Then you will keep them forever even if you upgrade.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom