1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

speaker clicking noise, new product

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jobe, Jan 27, 2005.

1. jobe

jobe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I bought my son a logic 3 surround souns 5.1 system for his xbox at christmas. Connected it all up as per instructions, the sound is good except that i had a constant clicking sound coming from the right rear speaker.,

I contacted the shop who exchanged the whole thing for me this week. I set up system No. 2. and guess what?
    Yes, i have the smae clicking sound in the same speaker.
    Anyone any ideas what might be happening?I have tried a different xbox, no good. tried using optic cable, no good. tried using coaxial, no good. even tried hooking up a playstation 2, but the same clicki click annoying click, in my right ear.
    any suggestions greatly appreciated.

2. stevedster

stevedster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    hmmm, have you changed the speaker cable to that speaker? could be a line break or interference ??

3. ahin4114

ahin4114

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    If the speaker and cable etc. have been renewed. It could be something in that location in the room that's causing the click, perhaps some kind of interference on the route that the cable runs?

Just something else to try.

4. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    As has been said, it could be interference from something like a cordless phone, wireless LAN, microwave or even something like your fridge.

5. jobe

jobe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't realise, the units were so sensitive? I have the system set up in a small room, but on top pf the tv set is next to the ctr speaker is my wireless router/modem. If this is the problem why does it only affect my right rear speaker and not the front or ctr speakers which are much closer to it?