1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

speaker change

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by el bandido, May 19, 2003.

1. el bandido

el bandido

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a yamaha receiver which i'm really happy with, and the yamaha nsp220 speakers that come in yamaha's package HTIB45

the centre speaker can be alittle weak, and was thinking about replacing the from three speakers with mission M70s and the M7 centre

overall about £140

will I get a big benefit from this?

Thanks in advance

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Probably "some" improvement, but not a big one IMO. Look at speakers in the class above the Mission M70's. Try Wharfedale 8.1/2, Mission M71i, Kef Coda 70, B&W DM303, etc. Your amp is capable with better speakers and can improve the front soundstage plenty.

3. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi El Bandido
    I used to have the yamaha htr-45 i changed the front three for mission m71is and mission m7c2 centre the differance was massive i sold these speakers on this forum for £125 only 6 months old so keep your eyes peeled on the classifieds and you should be able to pick a front three up second hand. most people on the forums are honest so dont be afraid to buy secondhand as you could pick up a bargain.
    Cheers Gonzo. :)