Speaker change QA or MA or something else?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
More testing this evening with sub level changed from -8db to -5db, definitely makes a difference but the jury is out on whether i prefer the extra bass.

I also tested the different DEQ level settings, for me 0db works best.

I think i could play around with different settings for days, weeks even, until I am totally settled on my setup but for now I am happy with DEQ on at 0db, DV on medium and sun level at -8db. For night time viewing DEQ will be off.

DV should be off when you can blast louder (-25). Feel free to tweak the levels if you are alone and have some crazy blockbuster flick, have some fun! XLS200 can play loud when needed.

Yep next spring/summer we should see price drops as new models coming and hopefully normal availability and more competition so things getting more normal.

If you have about one meter behind your space for surround back channels (1010i) then it´s good option (surround l/r then at directly sides), if your couch is against wall or close then forget it as they would be too close. Most people would opt for height channels if you can mount speakers high up on wall just below ceiling. Example MA Bronze AMS. They can be also used on top of your Silver 50s as upfiring if your ceiling is flat and reflective. However you need new receiver as that X2100W just missed the Atmos/DTS:X update which was made for X2200W. 😩

DavidT

DV should be off when you can blast louder (-25). Feel free to tweak the levels if you are alone and have some crazy blockbuster flick, have some fun! XLS200 can play loud when needed.

Yep next spring/summer we should see price drops as new models coming and hopefully normal availability and more competition so things getting more normal.

If you have about one meter behind your space for surround back channels (1010i) then it´s good option (surround l/r then at directly sides), if your couch is against wall or close then forget it as they would be too close. Most people would opt for height channels if you can mount speakers high up on wall just below ceiling. Example MA Bronze AMS. They can be also used on top of your Silver 50s as upfiring if your ceiling is flat and reflective. However you need new receiver as that X2100W just missed the Atmos/DTS:X update which was made for X2200W. 😩
When I can I will turn the volume up and turn DV off. I'm undecided about DEQ, sometimes i like it and sometimes i don't but like you say i can adjust it as required. I'm impressed with my XLS200, I have a small room and the sub seems well suited with plenty of loud bass when required, last night with it turned up it made the room shake at times.

I've decided to buy a Denon AVR-X3700H when prices go back to more reasonable levels. The cheapest i have seen is £1049 for an AVC but I think they will be cheaper next year, hopefully!

I will have a think about adding the spare 1010's into my setup, i sit about 60cm from the back wall so would need to move the sofa about half a metre forward.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
When I can I will turn the volume up and turn DV off. I'm undecided about DEQ, sometimes i like it and sometimes i don't but like you say i can adjust it as required. I'm impressed with my XLS200, I have a small room and the sub seems well suited with plenty of loud bass when required, last night with it turned up it made the room shake at times.

I've decided to buy a Denon AVR-X3700H when prices go back to more reasonable levels. The cheapest i have seen is £1049 for an AVC but I think they will be cheaper next year, hopefully!

I will have a think about adding the spare 1010's into my setup, i sit about 60cm from the back wall so would need to move the sofa about half a metre forward.

There will be other options too with Dirac Live (Onkyo/Pioneer) if you are up for tweaking. If we get to normal situation that X3700H model should drop down to 700£ at least before swapped with new model. The 1099£ price is crazy cause that unit cost 999£ when it arrived summer 2020. If you can spend 1k£ next summer you probably can get X4700H too. But that is assuming everything goes back to normal...

Nothing stops you trying the extra surround back pair now if you can move the surround l/r directly to sides and have spare speaker wire in hand.

7_1_spkrplc.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom