1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

speaker cables?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by keyser, May 30, 2001.

1. keyser

keyser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I just moved into a new house and I´m connecting my speakers. I think I used a Jamo cable which is 0,75mm or something, it goes about 8meters to the surrounds, is the wire thick enough. Is the sound really noticably better with massive cables? Which ones should I get if the ones I have aren´t enough?
    Thanks.

2. philmate

philmate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Have a look at the iplacoustics.co.uk website, Ivan sells decent cables including silver cables at a fraction of shop costs.There not named cables but probably the same...Nike, Puma, Addidas,Ixos, Van der hull etc.

Philmate. ;)

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My advice is to find a High End Hifi Shop, with good service, they will have a flightcase full of different cables ranging from 5$ to 300$ a meter that you can borrow for free. then go home and try out different cables and find the one you think sounds best.
    We all have different ways of listing to music or movies, and have different likings as well.... some like a lot of bass....some like a lot of treble....some like the deep inclosed sound....some like the sound open and clear and so on.
    This way you will get the right cables for you the first time.

I tried this and found a perfect match thanks to Danish Audio Technics www.danskaudioteknik.dk

Viper

4. Beddie

Beddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Has anyone tried single strand twin & earth cable - works very well but is difficult to hide due to its inflexibility!

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,489
    Yes Beddie, I use the thick mains stuff, but only for my rears, I use for computer use. Probably the Best, Best Buy in cable you can get. Its miles better than what you get with them all in one hi-fi systems, bell wire stuff and as good as some of the cheap branded cable.
    :cool: