• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

speaker cables beside electrical cables

swerve147

Novice Member
Hi Guys,

can I run cambridge audio symphony 400 speaker cables for my home cinema in the same conduit as electrical cables?? ive heard not ok as may cause interference, ive heard OK ...which is correct please

D

Deleted member 24354

You should not run Low Voltage and mains voltage cables together in the same conduit.

swerve147

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply Mushii ...thats gonna cause me a problem as I only have one access route for all cables...how about the mains cables in a smaller counduit with a bigger one containing speaker cables?

swerve147

Novice Member
sorry meant to say "how about a smaller conduit containing mains cables within a bigger one containing the speaker cables, would that be enough insulation?

D

Deleted member 24354

From a compliance point of view that is fine. I think as long as you have 2" - 3" separation between speaker cables and mains voltage cables you should be fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom