Speaker Cable with Banana Plugs

ricescooper

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just ordered a new a/v receiver Onkyo TXNR626 and Wharfedale Xarus speakers. I have already got a 20m spindle of 79/0.2mm figure 8 loudspeaker cable is it best to use banana plug? How would I wire it if not bi wiring?

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Ricescooper

Banana Plugs - are handy at the rear of the Amp as they simplify inserting the cables and avoid the risk of stray wires shorting out.

Bi- wire - waste of time/cable.

Bi-amp - worthwhile if your Amp/Speakers support it. You would assign the 'spare' channels of a 7.1 AVR for Bi- Amp duties when running a 5.1 system with suitable Front LR Speakers.

Joe

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
The Loudspeakers would originally have been supplied Inc. a couple of bridge plates (Red to Red + Black to Black) per speaker – if you don’t have these you can create a short bridge piece (again Red to Red + Black to Black) using a short piece of speaker cable.

With the bridge plates/cables in place it then doesn’t matter if you wire the Amp to the top or bottom Red + Black connector.

For simplicity I would have the bridge cable using bare wire screwed down using the Red/Black plastic knurls then pop the centre plastic bung out of either the top or bottom Red + Black socket and use banana plugs on the end of your speaker cables.

Ensure those Banana plugs have non-conductive bodies – if they are conductive you will have to be careful they don’t/can’t touch (esp. at the rear of the AVR).

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom