• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

speaker cable - qed silver aniversary/ blue van damme

Mini Clump

Established Member
Evening all,
If you`ve read any of my other posts you would of seen that i`ve been slowly but surely building up a home cinema and picked up my av receiver a few weeks ago, so today i decided to set up everything i was using qed silver aniversary speaker cable but wanted to move things around in my room so needed new cables, after reading various reviews in this and other forums i bought van damme blue speaker cable - connected everything up and was horrified how flat everything sounds so i moved the speakers in to reuse the qed and all was good again, i retried the van damme cable with the speakers in the same position and it was still very flat. I am using a yamaha 1065 with another amp connected to the preouts so i thought i would remove the yamaha and go back to just my existing amp and marantz cd player but i got the same results very flat with the van damme blue.
Has anyone had similar results? i was never one for cabling making such big differences but this has proved me wrong, i know qed is £10ish a meter and van damme £2 a meter but i was just going on other reviews / opinions.

pwood

Prominent Member
Dont have either but i would keep the Van Damme stuff in situ for a few 100 hours (less but its hard to predict as it depends on the music being played)to ensure the cable is run in properly before making your mind up albeit you obviously prefer the tinkly bright sound of the QED cable.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom