Speaker cable outside

MicroMan

Established Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of changing the layout in our lounge and will be moving the tv etc from one corner to another. The neatest way would be for the rear speaker cables from the amp to go out through a hole in the wall along the outside for approx 6m and back in through a hole in the wall. Are speaker wires suitable for being run outside of the property (they can be placed inside trunking).
The same would apply to the sky Q cables which will have to be extended, would it be acceptable to have a cable join on the outside of the property.

You can’t extend SkyQ cables. They have to be a continuous unbroken run from the LNB to the SkyQ box. Joins normally cause them to fail the installation test. You may be lucky and get away with it, but be prepared to have to re-lay the whole length.

To answer your other question it’s probably best to run it in conduit.

Thanks for your replies.
I am considering re-laying new sky cable but it will be a lot more work.
What make of speaker cable would you recommend, the amp will be a Denon AVC-X3700H and Q-Acoustic speakers with a maximum length of around 9m between them for the rears.

Thanks for your replies.
I am considering re-laying new sky cable but it will be a lot more work.
What make of speaker cable would you recommend, the amp will be a Denon AVC-X3700H and Q-Acoustic speakers with a maximum length of around 9m between them for the rears.
I use QED QX16 2/2 cable and can't complain. About 80 pence a meter.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom