Speaker cable noob - be gentle please

k.jacko

Hi all,
ok, so i've nearly finished my extension and the 1st piece of furniture is my LG 42PQ6000.
Now although her indoors refutes the fact that we need a semi-decent 5.1 setup, i'm looking for a pre-emptive strike here. :D
So, before i lay my floating floor (25mm polystyrene > 18mm chipboard > 4mm ply > Kardnean) i was wondering:

1. Can speaker cable be laid under the polystyrene boards? (on top of DPC protected concreted floor?
2. Thinking about wall mounted speaker plates (flat/flush as possible as cannot be recessed), what type of connectors do i need? and....
3. Is the answer to 2 dependent on what speakers i want? Cos i haven't a scooby doo which speakers to get. Was hoping there would be a universal connector for all/most types of speaker.
4. Does all the above make sense? If so, please enlighten me with your advice/answers.

Oh, obviously i'm not an audiophile, so i don't need the dogs danglies in sound systems, my room shape certainly doesn't lend itself to it, and neither do my ears. However its a 23sqm room and from reading certain things i believe 500w per channels is adequate, no? I'd like as small and discreet a speaker as possible please.

Many thanks

Jacko :hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom