1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker cable help, anything easier?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by rupbert, Dec 31, 2003.

1. rupbert

rupbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Recently got some decent quality (5 p/m) Gale Bi-Wire cable for my Tannoy R2's...

Connecting the 2 x LFE and 2 x HFE ends to the speaker was easy, as the speakers have high quality binding posts...

The receiver end (Sony STR-DB790) was another story...

The binding posts are quite cramped (6mm apart in all directions), and posts have a central bar running from the knob to the receiver.

So when I was inserting the LFE/HFE into either -/+, I had to insert one from top right, and the other bottom left, so they could past the central bar...

It took me ages to get them in, as when I began tightning the knob, the direction of the turn tended to push one wire out of its position...

Due to the tightness, banana plugs or indeed any form of termination at the receiver end is out of the question.

However, can I twist the LFE/HFE ends together, so I will in theory I will be inserting only one (albeit thicker) cable end into the binding post? Or will this affect how the LFE/HFE are sent?