Speaker Cable for Cambridge Audio Min12

RicksonGracie1972

Distinguished Member
I need to buy some Speaker Cable for my Cambridge Audio Rear speakers. Ordinarily I would pop in to Richer Sounds and pick out some cable but when you can't actually view the cable it's difficult to know exactly what I'm going to be getting.
The wife says the cables need to be black but other than that I just want something that does the job. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

pughypro

I need to buy some Speaker Cable for my Cambridge Audio Rear speakers. Ordinarily I would pop in to Richer Sounds and pick out some cable but when you can't actually view the cable it's difficult to know exactly what I'm going to be getting.
The wife says the cables need to be black but other than that I just want something that does the job. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I’d be very interested in this as I’m about to but a pair of the Cambridge Audio Minx rears and was just deliberating whether Amazon basic speaker cable will do the job. It’s not black so won’t help you in that regard, but I’m intending to run some cable ducts around the ceiling anyway.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member

I would always pick OxygenFreeCopper (OFC) wire over CCA and some non special brand if possible. Sadly there is no black 2,5mm2 cheap ones available so QED Profile 79 should be good choice without paying crazy amount. I had Minx 10 ages ago, but i can´t remember which wire thickness i used. Most likely 2,5mm/AWG14 but can´t say for sure cause it was so long time ago. I would be suprised if that wouldn´t fit though. Easy to ask by calling any Minx dealer. Looking the wire prices on RS i would rather order from site directly. AVO forum advertiser has decent prices, just add the length needed:

@pughypro if you don´t care the colour order kabel direkt OFC wire depending how long runs you have either 1,5mm or 2,5mm (most often used) in X length.

Amazon product

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom