Speaker cable for a house refurb

inkinoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right, I know I am going to open up a massive can of worms but ...

I am just refurbing my house and putting ceiling speakers connected to Sonoses (correct plural?).

When it comes to speaker cable, I was just going to buy a roll of 2mm speaker cable from RS. Any benefit of going for something different or will that be fine?

Same question for my runs from my Onkyo to the B&W.

Thanks in advance.

I just used 2.5 mm twin & earth, run seperately from all other mains cables.

I think by 2.5mm, people really mean 2.5mm².

2.5mm diameter wire is about the equivalent of very heavy AWG 10ga wire, or 5.26mm².

I think most say 2.5mm because they haven't fugured out how to make the "²" character.

Also don't confuse the diameter of the insulation, with the diameter of the wire.

By "RS" assume you mean Radio Shack? That's tolerable, but they are many many sources of speaker wire.

Here is a source for bulk cable -

Speaker Cables and Adaptors

When they say 2.5mm, they really mean 2.5mm² which is about AWG 13.5ga wire. Plenty heavy.

Steve/bluewizard

2.5mm van damme blue series. Great cable and dirt cheap.

BlueWizard said:
I think by 2.5mm, people really mean 2.5mm².

2.5mm diameter wire is about the equivalent of very heavy AWG 10ga wire, or 5.26mm².

I think most say 2.5mm because they haven't fugured out how to make the "²" character.

Also don't confuse the diameter of the insulation, with the diameter of the wire.

By "RS" assume you mean Radio Shack? That's tolerable, but they are many many sources of speaker wire.

Here is a source for bulk cable -

Speaker Cables and Adaptors

When they say 2.5mm, they really mean 2.5mm² which is about AWG 13.5ga wire. Plenty heavy.

Steve/bluewizard

I did mean 2.5mm squared but i don't know where the little 2 is on a keyboard.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom