Speaker Cable Crimp tool?


Novice Member
Having just made a significant upgrade to my HT system, I'm about to embark on reterminating all the speaker cables. I'd like to use crimp connectors that work with a standard hex die in a crimping tool - but need to understand which die/banana plug combination works and are recommended (I'm using 12AWG stranded OCC cable). Yes, I did look at QED Airloc, but what they charge for a tool is quite ridiculous.


Yorkshire AV

Active Member
AVForums Sponsor
Came here to recommend the QED Airloc tool....

We offer a rental service if it helps?
If a customer wants a load of bananas (i.e. the QED QE1612) - we bundle it all up and offer the crimp tool on a short term hire.

There's a reason they're expensive.....they work flawlessly!


Novice Member
Thanks - that may help. I seem to recall that there used to be 2 QED tools, but now only the ‘pro’ one seems to be on offer. Will PM you when I’m going ahead

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom