1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker Cable and Banna Plugs

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by hornydragon, Mar 20, 2003.

1. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I am looking to upgrade my speaker cable. I am also looking at buying a pair of B&W 602s3 in the near future, can anyone reconmend a cable normal and biwire for these and the best type of termination, I have come across theseBanna Plugs too good to be true???? and does this just and another link in the chain to degrade the sound quality??? Bearing in mind i will be moving the speakers every 9-12 months as i move house, I'd like a nice way of disconnecting them and not damaging the exposed ends. All ideas welcomed.
    I am struggling to find time to demo the speakers properly let alone cables and i dont just want what ever the dealer i buy from to sell me **the best** (highest profit margin) cable they have. I would particularly like to speak to hear from anyone who has **Free** speaker cable that sevenoaks offer with there speakers, How many metres will i get for £50 **Worth**???? I will probably only need 2 x 3m max so not a huge amount. I know i should ask at seven oaks but its a trek for me to get there and i didn't want to go there until i had the cash to buy.
    I was also reding on the B&W 602s3 thread that some people where dissapointed with the Nexus stands for these, I have had a dealer offer to do the speakers with Nexus 60s for £325 which seemed a pretty good price to me and depending on chairs will put the tweeters at about my ear level or just above. Which other stands (budget £80 absolute max and would require discounting!!) should i look at???
    Thanks for reading
    Regards HD
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. JimB

JimB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The banana plugs on eBay have a few days to go & will probably go up in price.

I use similar plugs and they are ok, but need tightening quite regularly.

You can get similar plugshere

I'm sure someone will say the dealer fitted QED Airloc type plugs are the best option (and they would be right), but these are quite pricey.

I've not been able to hear any difference between bare wire & banana plugs.