1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker cable and aerial cable in same trunking - does it cause interference

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Paul.Scrivens, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Paul.Scrivens

Paul.Scrivens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

To hide my speaker cable I have put some trunking down. However half way down the trunking I have fed my Aerial cable through it (NTL Cable) which then goes into the NTL box. Will this cause any interference?

I'm also waiting on a cable to connect my sub to the amp. Will there be any problems if I also feed this trhough the trunking?

Cheers

Paul

2. Paul.Scrivens

Paul.Scrivens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it does cause too much interference I could buy 2 lengths of smaller thrunking (Half the size) - stick them together so it looks like one, This way I can seperate the cables.

3. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's all down to the quality of the shielding of each cable, would think the NTL cable has a good shielding to it, nothing like your 15p/m coax at B&Q, so i would say you are safe with that.
    As for the sub cable same again shielding is the key.
    Also try and avoid running cables near the mains, as this can cause interference aswell.
    Can't see your trunking causing you any problems.....

4. Darth Vader

Darth Vader
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with bob007

Provided the shielding is good enough, you should have no problems. my UHF aerial lead has to cross the speaker wire at one point and causes no problems.

Re: Electrical mains interference, this usually manifests itself as 50Hz hum (i.e. bassy), 50Hz being the osilaition of the UK mains electrical supply, and can be quite a problem.