1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

speaker box help needed

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by marc8832, Apr 19, 2005.

1. marc8832

marc8832

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hay every one i am trying to build a speaker box for my subs and dont know what would be the best sound for the speakers. I have 2 MTX 12" thounder 3000's and dont know what to put them in. any help would be great. :hiya:

2. JBL 4645

JBL 4645
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hallo there Marc 8832

:lesson: First you will need pen paper and a ruler design out an enclosure that will be around 23in H 16in W 16 D, use MDF 6 pieces cut to size liquid nails small strips of batten fixed to the inside of the enclosure, and cutting tools jig saw electric drill planner.

For the fabrication primer spay paint, and the choice of final colour is down to you. :)

As for the air duct port the size of it; depth and diameter this will, tune the sub bass to the frequency, a target of 30Hz to 28Hz :thumbsup: probably at best, for each sub bass and designing and building two of them and hopeful they should perform very well when amplified secretly, also an electronic crossover :thumbsup: will also be needed, and preferably set the crossover to match the front speakers, using a sound pressure level meter and a real time analyzer the RTA also needs a microphone for this to work, hope this little bit of information is to some use, there are probably other members on the forums that will also give some suggestions to the problem.

Good luck… :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am a former cinema projectionist.

Ashley… :)

3. tom_painter85

tom_painter85
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Marc, welcome to the forums!

If you fancy making your own sub, good luck! Check out the DIY forum on the main forum page, I'm sure there's some useful tips in there. Also give the search tool a try, there's a fair few people who have done the same as you're planning to do.

You've come to the right place for advice though mate, can't go wrong if you ask the questions here :thumbsup:

Any problems, post back here and someone's bound to have had the same and will help out.

Good luck!

Tom