Speaker and AV Reciver suggestions

Hi i'am currently looking for a new set-up for my main living room. I have a budget of £2000 for a speaker package and a AV reciver. I currently have The MONITOR BRONZES 5.1 and a sony STDG820 with a PS3 in my other room so I,am gonna try i better that THANKS:thumbsup: OH YEAH I HAVE A SUB SO WONT NEED ONE

Last edited:

PSM1

Distinguished Member
If you like the sound of your MAs then you could upgrade the fronts with some RS6s or similar. Otherwise I would suggest listening to some Focals within your price range.
There are a lot of new amps due out soon so may well be worth waiting until those come out before making a decision (the new cambridge audio 640R could be worth a look depending on price).

If you like the sound of your MAs then you could upgrade the fronts with some RS6s or similar. Otherwise I would suggest listening to some Focals within your price range.
There are a lot of new amps due out soon so may well be worth waiting until those come out before making a decision (the new cambridge audio 640R could be worth a look depending on price).

I dont want to upgrade to rs6 because this is in another room pal i'll look at the focals cheers

xmb

You don't mention what sub you have, the room size, speaker size/style or your listening usage (music/movies split.).

If size is not an issue then get another Monitor Audio Bronze BR5AV package or if you want to up your game get the Silver RS6 package at £2,000 but without the sub so should be within your price range.

Spend in the ratio of about £1,500 on the speakers and £500 on the amp.

If in a living room and style and space are a consideration then get the Monitor Audio Radius HD speakers. You can get the R80HD AV12 package with the fantastic ASW12 sub for £1,570 or the older R90 AV12 (with the same RSW12 sub) for less than £1,000.

Andrew K

Banned
Assuming you want to improve on your other room set-up and are not that fussed about shape and size then I would suggest that we could probably put together the Monitor Audio Silver RS6 AV package (minus the sub) with the Yamaha RX-V1900 for around your budget.

Assuming you want to improve on your other room set-up and are not that fussed about shape and size then I would suggest that we could probably put together the Monitor Audio Silver RS6 AV package (minus the sub) with the Yamaha RX-V1900 for around your budget.

Would that be a good upgrade

Andrew K

Banned
Would that be a good upgrade
The V1900 is in my opionion the best one out there under £1000 and the Monitor Audio Silver RS6 speakers are a very nice match significantly improving over the Bronze range. I don't know which of the Bronze range you have but assuming you like the sound of Monitor Audio then the RS6 Floorstanders will be a massive improvement.

Within the budget you have mentioned I don't think you could do any better than the above pairing. You are helped by not needing the subwoofer as that saved the £700 that would have blown your budget.

What sub are you planning on using ?

xmb

I agree with Quantum that the RS6 package would be a definite upgrade in quality from your Bronze speakers and for your budget would be hard to beat. (I have to admit to liking the sound quality of the Monitor Audio range as I listened to quite a few makes while looking for some new speakers.)

You have not said what sub you already have as this will make a impact on your movie listening but less for music especially if using the RS6s.

I have a odd package of Monitor Audio speakers with a Sony 2400ES amp and although not as expensive as the Yamaha V1900 still sounds good. Even I am wondering if an upgrade to the Yamaha would improve my listening experience? (R270HD front, RS-LCR centre, ASW12 sub and the older R270 rear.)

The V1900 is in my opionion the best one out there under £1000 and the Monitor Audio Silver RS6 speakers are a very nice match significantly improving over the Bronze range. I don't know which of the Bronze range you have but assuming you like the sound of Monitor Audio then the RS6 Floorstanders will be a massive improvement.

Within the budget you have mentioned I don't think you could do any better than the above pairing. You are helped by not needing the subwoofer as that saved the £700 that would have blown your budget.

What sub are you planning on using ?
My sub is a REL T1 got oi last montbh for£ 499

Andrew K

Banned
I have a odd package of Monitor Audio speakers with a Sony 2400ES amp and although not as expensive as the Yamaha V1900 still sounds good. Even I am wondering if an upgrade to the Yamaha would improve my listening experience? (R270HD front, RS-LCR centre, ASW12 sub and the older R270 rear.)
It will be an improvement but whether it is one that justifies a £900 outlay is subjective.

Andrew K

Banned
I only get the money on the 26th of this month so when i'am ready i will come down and try it out:thumbsup:
no problem, see you then.

The new Yamaha RX-V1065 should be out by then to compare to as well although I don't expect it to be as good as the V1900.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom