1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker and Amp Advice

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by DISC, Mar 14, 2002.

1. DISC

DISC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    New to the current Hi Fi seen ( my last piece of kit was a music centre !). Want an amp and speaker for TV cinema and music and was thinking of getting the Yamaha RXV620 receiver/amp plus Sony CDPXE570 CD player but I am lost regarding speaker choice, was considering Mission 7 cinema pack, Wharfedale 8's or Celestion F pack your comments would be greatly appreciated particulary with regard to the Celestion as a cannot find any reviews of these speaker.

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You mention getting a CD player, what about a DVD player, that plays CD's aswell.

3. DISC

DISC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank Bob, I have a Playstation 2 which I was going to use for the DVDs is this a bad idea?

4. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doesn't the PS2 play CD's aswell.......

You did not mention a DVD player, and thought you may benefit from a DVD player as apossed to just a CD player.
    My son plays his DVD's through his PS2 on a 24 W/S phillips and has no complaints. Many will say it won't be as good a quality as a dedcated DVD player, but i wouldn't say it was a bad idea.

I would look at a my budget on the CD player and see if i could match it or even better it with a dedicated DVD player and use the PS2 as a gaming console.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Your on the right track with the 620 and the missions. But i think you need a dvd player. Bob still has 8 track:clown: