Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Speaker Advice!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by kelvin, May 21, 2002.

1. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I'm currently looking to purchase a decent set of front floorstanding speakers and a sub to go with my STRDB1070. Ideally I'm after something that's a good "all rounder" as my system plays a mixture of DVD's and Music. From the looking that I've done so far, I've shortlisted the KEF Q3's, and the B&W 602.5 S3's speakerwise, and the KEF PSW2000 or the Yamaha 320 for a sub.

Does anyone have any advice or other recommendations for equipment that is around this price range?? (£400 speakers/£200-£250 sub) - what are the speakers like that I've been looking at?? An important consideration for the sub is that I'm quite restricted on size which is why the PSW2000 is quite appealing but I'm worried after reading some reviews that it may be a little "weak" - am I right to think this?? Also, I need a setup that can be "added to" later on, as I'm not in a position to be able to add centre/rear speakers at the moment - am I right in assuming that I'll be able to find something that matches these tone wise in a year or two's time??

I'm going to listen to these setups tomorrow but any help in the meantime would be really appreciated as I know next to nothing about speaker packages!! - Help!

Kelvin.

2. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Has anybody looked at/got these speakers???!!! Anyone??!!

3. S H A D O

S H A D O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    I dont think you can wrong with either of the Kefs or the B&W´s, its down to personal taste and the type of sound you like. Personally I like Kef speakers.

I´m not keen on their subs though but thats my personal taste, for around the money you want to spend you can pick up a couple of Paradigm PS1000 which are on offer at Richer Sounds for 150 quid each. Not impressed with Yamahas subs either, having had a couple.

In the end its down to you and your ears, go with what you think sounds best.