1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker Advice.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Zog, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Zog

Zog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Currently have a Yammy and am about to replace it with a AVR3802. Due to the "Enhanced Pro-Log" on my current amp I have plenty of speakers for the Denon, but was after a few opinions as to whether I would get anything like the improvement in sound I could expect from the upgrade.

Intended layout;
    Front- Wharfedale 505.2
    centre- Jamo Centre 100
    Surround- Mordaunt Short MS 310
    Rear Centre- 2 x B & W Solid TEAM
    Sub- Yamaha YST-S60

Its a real mixture mixture I know, but its been aquired over a long period of time.

If it is a real pile of cr@p am I better just upgrading one element or putting up with it until I can afford a complete package? The KEF Eggs really appeal !!

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You will notice a big difference going from DPL to D/D and DTS.............as for your mixture of brands, yes...i would upgrade asap....!
    Kef eggs have had good reviews and coupled up to a decent sub you will have the making of a decent system. have fun....

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would agree...try to match all speakers from same brand.....
    If you can afford it, M&K K-series are little beauties!!!...
    I've heard the KEF eggs too.......they sound quite cool.....as do the little Ruark Vita's

Adzman

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +894
    You´ll notice the improvement in sound quality, even with your current speakers.

As others have suggested, you´ll get even bigger improvements changing the speakers & sub as well.

If you like Kef, how about something a bit more meaty than the eggs, you could get Q15.2 all round (incl the rear centres). These speakers are excellent and can be got for around 150 quid a pair.

All you need then is a decent sub such as a Rel (400 quid upwards depending on the model).

cheers