1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker Advice

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by djerwood, Aug 23, 2005.

1. djerwood

djerwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking at buying a Pioneer PDP-436XDE Plasma, with a Pioneer DV-585A-S Dvd player and a Pioneer VSXC502 Amp. All I need to find now is a speaker package that will finish the system off. Can anybody suggest a good package.
    I also have a question about connections. I will connect my DVD to Plasma using HDMI but what connection is best for the amp. Does the above setup sound good or would you recommend a different setup.
    All advice and comments gratefully appreciated.

2. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    :hiya:

Depends on how much you want to spend on the speakers. As for connecting to your amp, i would say use a 5.1 coaxial (electrical) connection from your dvd to amp, better than optical IMO.
    Not a bad set up at all that you're thinking of getting. :smashin:

3. Scott_Mac

Scott_Mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +569
    Budget is the key here...

If you want a system solely for Home Cinema anything from the THX Range from either KEf or M&K is the best option... but you're talking a lot of cash.

I have a Dynaudio System - their "budget" range... of the Audience series... but it's fantastic, extremely musical but also stunning clarity, imaging, midrange etc... as my system is more based toward music it was the ideal solution, but equally it performs fantastically in AV world.