1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker Advice

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by boardwalk, Nov 18, 2004.

1. boardwalk

boardwalk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I'm just going thru the process of building my first home cinema setup and was after a bit of advice regarding speakers.

I am planning on getting a Yamaha DSP-AX750SE which will allow me to feed all my video signals thru to my Panny plasma and wanted some advice regarding what sort of speaker setup should I be looking at in terms of wattage etc. I am looking at a budget of upto about 600 for the speakers but could stretch higher if any one has any recommendations which exceed this value and justify the extra penny's.

My initial feeling was to go with the Wharfedale Diamond 9 HCP's which have just appeared in the what hi-fi wards magazine but am not sure how these would perform in theory when coupled with the Yamaha

Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved,

cheers.

Dave.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I'm using a pair of Mission 73i speakers (which are a discontinued model) but is nonetheless still a good speaker, and is still available in small quantities from Richer Sounds for a mere £150 a pair. They're rated at 100W. If you have a Richer Sounds store near you, why not give them an audition ?