1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker Advice/Tiny Room

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by butch9850, Dec 4, 2004.

1. butch9850

butch9850

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tv is at the end of my bed,against the far wall.
    My headboard is right against the back wall.The length of my room is 2.75 metres/9 feet!

So many 5.1 speaker (all in one) systems are juicy,because of the bargain prices nowadays.

As you see,it's virtually impossible for me,to place rear speakers,in my bedroom.OR IS IT POSSIBLE?(with much tweaking!)

Therefore a 3.1speaker assortment with amplifier,Or 2.1 speaker package is where i am heading.

Can i use 3.1 from a 5.1 speaker package?(not use the rear speakers..keep for a future date)It may work out cheaper than getting a 3.1 seperate,or 2.1 seperate package.

Home Cinema in a 7X9ft room,is hell!,Thanks for reading.

2. Lostinapc

Lostinapc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a small room which is probably similar dimensions. i just have 3 speakers at the front, i'll add the rears when i get some more room (hopefully next year). I have floorstanders but no sub... sounds great to me.

as to your question about using a 5.1 speakers package as a 3.1 set, i don't know for sure, i expect you could though. you just get the rear channels through the front channels (that's what happens with mine, but i have separates not a package)

3. Mango Bob

Mango Bob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Might be worth looking at the Mission flat-panel speakers in a space that small. Not sure where to get 'em though, maybe try second hand and ebay?

It is 5.1 though so you'd get rears in and the flat panels aren't fussy about location as they're more diffuse than conventional speakers.

Can anyone else with Mission NXTs confirm that and what their sound is like?