1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker advice sought for MFA3Cr/Sony SCD777ES system please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by denis_carlin, Jan 21, 2003.

1. denis_carlin

denis_carlin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I´m looking for suggestions for speakers to replace my KEF Cresta 3s, ideally costing £1000-1500 but could stretch to £2K if worth it. Considered models so far include Proac d15, Spendor S6/S8, Sonus faber grand piano, Jmlab Electra 926/936, Monitor Audio GR20, Dynaudio Audience 82, Contour 1.3 or 1.8 MK II, Ruark Prologue II, B&W CDM9NT, Nautilus 804 or 805, PMC FB1, KEF XQ

My music taste include the likes of Natalie Merchant, Jewel, Prince, Midnight Oil, Flaming Lips, Mercury Rev, Springsteen, Tori Amos, Neil Finn, Marvin Gaye, Badly Drawn Boy, The Stones, Crosby Stills and Nash, Peter Gabriel, Led Zep, Spanish music..

My System:
    Sony SCD777ES
    Musical Fidelity A3CR Pre and Power Amps
    Nordost Red Dawn IC (Source to Pre)
    Nordost Blue Heaven IC (Pre to Power)
    Nordost Solar Wind bi-wire speaker cable.

P.S A matching centre must also be available to use as part of my Home Cinema (Tosh SD900E DVD Player and Marantz SR7000 Amp, pre-outs to MF for fronts)
    Thanks in advance
    Denis

2. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,133
    You have some very fine seakers listed there. It is very hard to tell someone which speakers to go for as everyone has different tastes.
    You could add M&K's to your list for demo,and speak to uncle eric regards the pro versions. Other than that you seem to have covered all the bases, go and listen to some of them, or better still find a dealer who will let you listen at home.