1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker Advice Required - Mission M7 series + subwoofer

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by tHatDudeUK, Oct 7, 2004.

1. tHatDudeUK

tHatDudeUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi ppl,

Current Amp/receiver = Sony STR-DE495

I currently have a set of M71i's used as front speakers and two cheapo's from a mini system as rears. Centre is currently a Kef80c.

To try and streamline my system and make it more consistent and pleasant to listen to, I'm currently looking to stick my front's at the rear and I intend to do that with some M73i's from RS (price is important). Any problems with doing this?

As a centre, is the M7C2 better than the M7C1i? (M7C2 £10 more than M7C1i) do I need to worry about the fact the M7C2 doesn't have an i at the end and the speakers I'll have will???

Also what subwoofer might be suited to this setup? After initial research some time back I am considering the Mordaunt Short MS309.

I'm hoping for a speaker setup which will see me through a good 3/4 years and maybe 1 or 2 more receivers.

Any comments or advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Alan

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I would recommend the M7c2 over the m7c1i because it has a bigger enclosure and therefore a better bass response and it looks nicer:smashin: If your worried about them im assuming RS have both in so ask for a demo. That will settle all doubts.
    http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/1298

M73i are respected speakers and a bargain at the price:D
    The MS309 is also a suprb choice as well. Will happily blend into setups and rooms with the notch filter on it.
    Obviously a better amp will do the whole setup more justice than the Sony you have but we arnt all made of money:eek:

Buy it all you will be very happy.:D A little poorer but happy:)

3. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    The m7c2 is a lot better than the m7c1 and i wouldn't even consider using the 71 with the m73's.I used to have the m73's but had to swap for cosmetic reasons, i think you will like them.

4. tHatDudeUK

tHatDudeUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    :) Thanks for the advice guys. :thumbsup: Just looking for a clear upgrade path and want to buy decentish speakers now that'll stay with me rather than some £39.99 one's and end up paying another £x later on. Looks like the M73i's are coming next and maybe a price reduction on the MS309 will convince me to buy. Might wait and see what happens during and after christmas, I'm guessing all the people that would have bought one at this price have done, and they'll be wanting to up sales soon...

I'm quite happy with the Sony amp for the price I paid but will obviously be looking for something nicer when funds allow. Probably late 2005 early 2006 :laugh: :laugh: