Speaker advice needed - under £350

blahblahblah

Standard Member
In the new year I'll be getting an Onkyo TX-NR609, which leaves £350 for speakers. I know I should be spending a lot more on speakers to pair them with the 609, but the plan is to upgrade components over time. So, in the mean time, I need the best 5.1 setup £350 can buy.

The wife has made it absolutly clear that the satellite speakers must be small. I thought I'd get the BA Soundware XS. Small, under budget and sound great. But dont think it leaves much scope for upgrading (or am i wrong?).

I thought I'd see if there are any more options that you experts can suggest.

Merry Christmas to you all!!! :smashin:

mjbtin

In the new year I'll be getting an Onkyo TX-NR609, which leaves £350 for speakers. I know I should be spending a lot more on speakers to pair them with the 609, but the plan is to upgrade components over time. So, in the mean time, I need the best 5.1 setup £350 can buy.

The wife has made it absolutly clear that the satellite speakers must be small. I thought I'd get the BA Soundware XS. Small, under budget and sound great. But dont think it leaves much scope for upgrading (or am i wrong?).

I thought I'd see if there are any more options that you experts can suggest.

Merry Christmas to you all!!! :smashin:

If you are not prepared to up the size of the speakers then upgrading is going to be very hard and expensive.
If you can go with larger speakers this is a bargain sub/sat system.

https://www.forumhifivisual.co.uk/prod.asp?product_idx=1765&imgstate=0

Good luck

Regards Martin

Darkstar_surfer

If the plan is to upgrade then go second hand. That way you will not lose a lot when you move on and less chance of becoming emotionally attached.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom